WELCOME!

You didn't know you wanted it.
You didn't know you needed it.
UNTIL YOU FOUND IT
at
Busy Crow Studio

USE SEARCH BOX BELOW, AND BE SURE TO VISIT SIDEBAR GALLERY ON RIGHT SIDE...

Tuesday, December 10, 2019

Banner and Pillow Holiday Decorating

My holiday decorating is very simple and minimal; I generally just change the banner above the porch bench to reflect the season or holiday.  This time I added a matching patchwork pillow.  The fabric I used was purchased from Wal-mart.  It was two fat quarters at only $1.49 each, and there was enough fabric to complete the banner and the pillow (there is a solid black fabric used as the pillow backing.)  The fabric print is a holly berry print on a black background, and a mod snowman print on a mint green background.  Black is probably an odd choice for the season, but I always seem to insert it into my projects in some fashion.  The cord used for the banner is a length of red rick-rack trim.  The fabric pennants for the banner were made on a Cricut Maker machine (the 'Forever Fabric Banner' project; I removed the lettering to just use the pennant shapes.)   Though the detail is hard to see in the photo, I also sewed red buttons onto the tip of each pennant; I'm trying to use every bit of everything I have in my stash, and plus the tiny bit of added weight of the button helps the pennant stay hanging down.