WELCOME!

You didn't know you wanted it.
You didn't know you needed it.
UNTIL YOU FOUND IT
at
Busy Crow Studio

USE SEARCH BOX BELOW, AND BE SURE TO VISIT SIDEBAR GALLERY ON RIGHT SIDE...

Friday, September 3, 2010

Red Panda Beads to the rescue....!


I cooked up a batch of polymer clay skull pendants that I had made in a nice lavender color, envisioning black accents in the embossed areas. But yikes, I over-cooked them (forgot to re-set the temperature from my last project), and so I had to save them with paint and embossing powder, so they turned a bronze color. I had just received my color mix of Earthtone size 10/0 Delica beads from Red Panda Beads in the mail, and they were a perfect compliment to the bronze skull pendant. I just worked the main bezel by randomly selecting the colors, because they all worked well. The main bezel was herringbone stitch, and the bail was done in square stitch (this I striped with rows of one color). I then added a citrine crystal as a pendant drop and a golden link chain, and my weirdly pretty skull pendant is ready to wear! I also discovered that I LOVE working with 10/0 Delica beads; even my 'cheap' needles (with larger eyes) fit through their holes for several passes of thread, and I didn't even have to wear magnifiers. The size makes a difference!

Note: Why a skull? I guess it's my latest phase... check out my Boneyard items at http://www.zazzle.com/busycrowstudio