WELCOME!

You didn't know you wanted it.
You didn't know you needed it.
UNTIL YOU FOUND IT
at
Busy Crow Studio

USE SEARCH BOX BELOW, AND BE SURE TO VISIT SIDEBAR GALLERY ON RIGHT SIDE...

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Beware of eCost.com - There Be No Wrath Like Someone Scammed!

Yes, I know, everyone posts something when they get ripped off. Well, we have to vent, and it's actually like a public service announcement; we really don't want to see it happen to anyone else. So here's my tale of woe: I made an online purchase at www.eCost.com for Paint Shop Pro software. What they sent me was some battered box with 'Academic Snagit' on it (it's not even close to what Paint Shop Pro is, it does something completely different; I can't figure out why they sent that). I have made the journeys to customer service via phone, email, and even going to the physical return address that was shown on my package. I have received no response from anyone at eCost.com, and as far as the visit to that address, it turns out that the company that is actually there said they never heard of eCost.com! Uh-oh! I filed a dispute with PayPal over non-receipt of goods. They actually told me I don't have a valid claim because eCost.com did send me SOMETHING. Oh great, PayPal, eCost.com could have shipped me a rock, and not the software, and that's something too, right? When I googled information about complaints and ripoffs from eCost.com, there was a multitude of similar complaints (oh, Hindsight, where were thou?). I filed complaints with the Postal Inspector and the Federal Trade Commission; I filed complaint information on every website I could find -- after all, there's so many, maybe someday I can be part of a class action suit against those crooks. All I want for Christmas is a REFUND....